Studying abroad is often a fun and rewarding experience that students should take advantage of while they are in school. But as soon as a student makes the decision to attend school in another country, carrying insurance becomes essential.
First, the host country and the school may require their students to have insurance. In addition to possibly being a requirement, proper health insurance with sufficient coverage will give students peace of mind during their time abroad to know they are protected from the unexpected.
With our medical insurance plans for study abroad students, students will enjoy the following benefits:
- Extra protection in case they get sick or are involved in an accident. Uninsured students could also end up with an expensive medical bill
- Convenient healthcare, especially since exposure to a new environment could leave their immune systems vulnerable
- Extensive healthcare insurance that goes beyond domestic healthcare coverage
- Travel insurance options for added coverage for additional travel issues like lost luggage
- 24/7 medical support from trusted healthcare providers with accessible translators
Standard health insurance has a limited scope. As a result, some students who study abroad opt for an international or travel health insurance instead. International health insurance and travel insurance cover different circumstances. Students may choose to obtain both, depending on their needs.