In the event of injury or sickness, the insured student should:
- Call your MyNurse 24/7 nurse line.
- See the nurse or doctor at the Student Health Center if possible. There is no copayment at the Health Center. Otherwise, consult a doctor and follow his/her instructions. Always show them your ID card. Contact the PPO network on your ID card to locate a PPO provider whenever possible or click to find a doctor or pharmacy.
- In life-threatening emergencies, go to the nearest emergency room.
- Doctors may ask you to pay the copayment or the full bill. Obtain itemized hospital and medical bills showing the amount you have paid the doctor.
- If you are admitted to the hospital, you will be asked to furnish all insurance information. You should present your insurance ID card at this time.
- Submit a completed accident and sickness questionnaire along with all the bills to:
The Lewer Agency, Inc.
P. O. Box 32247
Kansas City, MO 64111
- Instructions for submitting an accident and sickness claim are listed on the accident and sickness questionnaire. Accident and sickness questionnaires may be obtained from the International Student Office.
NOTE: ALWAYS CARRY YOUR LEWERMARK INSURANCE PLAN ID CARD WITH YOU.